Over the last few months, Cameron Station has been buzzing about the new tenants of the restaurant space, London Curry House. There was certainly a ton of curiosity surrounding the massive transformation of the space that took place over a relatively short time. Well…they opened today and here is what I think…I LOVE them so far!
1) They gave us FREE food. Free lunch and dinner were offered today. Admittedly, it was chaos, but the staff was nice and any restaurant who gives free food get’s an A in my book…
2) They put down carpet to reduce the acoustics…anyone who went to the old restaurant knows how loud it would get in there.
3) There is a fun vibe and the warm reds make it feel more comfortable.
4) They have an AWESOME kids menu…we didn’t get to try it today because they did buffet style (since it was free for anyone who showed up…and pretty much everyone in the neighborhood did). But it is nice to know they thought about the kids.
5) The Butter Chicken they served was super yummy. My 2.5 year old scarfed it down…that is saying a lot.
6) They deliver!!! Yay!
7) The manager/owner seems genuinely friendly and like he really cares about the restaurant doing well and pleasing the customers…which is great!
Honestly the atmosphere today was a bit of a madhouse (understandably), but I appreciated the good-will gesture and his marketing strategy of getting people in on the first day by offering free food. Any time you have to make mass quantities, it can be a bit challenging, but I thought the food was very good considering they had to prepare enough for a small army today. I am really looking forward to trying it again when it is a more normal atmosphere and we can order off the menu.
All in all, I am really pleased with the change and wish them lots of luck! I hope others feel the same way.
Thank you London Curry House for the free meal today…we look forward to eating there again!